Well would you look at that. My posting has been so horrendous the last two posts have been about New Years resolutions from 2017, and here I am writing up my 2018 resolutions and 2017 wrap up.
2017 seemed to evaporate faster than any other year.
I’ve had several co-workers say the years disappear faster the older you get. There’s no doubt they’re correct, and it’s terrifying. The years slip through your fingers when you don’t pay attention which – let’s face it – is a lot. I know I’m guilty for spending 74.3% of my day lost in my thoughts of fantasy worlds through gaming, books, movies, anime, or daydreaming. An endless stream of information and distractions and worlds that are far more interesting than this one are available at the tip of my fingers, and I have no self control.
Anyway, the year has come and gone and it’s time to review.
My 2017 was a really good year. Terrible for blogging on both of my blogs and everything related to social media outside of Instagram, but great otherwise. I visited New York twice (once with my best friend and once with my brother). I’m renovating a basement suite and will be moving into it in the next month or so. And I’m still employed (*halleluljah chorus*). I’m eternally grateful for how lucky I am, even if I forget it on the bad days. My friends and family mean the world to me and have kept me going through thick and thin.
At the risk of sounding like a poster child for 2017, I truly hope that despite the insanity and chaos the world went through in 2017 you were able to cut yourself a little slice of happiness and peace within your own lives.
As for 2018…
My resolutions never change. Not really. They’re usually just more of the same – lose weight, keep in touch with friends, spend time with family, eat healthy. You know – the classics.
But what do you really want in a year?
Health. Happiness. Laughter.
I believe all my resolutions steam from those three things. Eating healthy, picking up yoga or meditation, and losing weight – health. Making friends and getting in touch with old friends, reading through my library of books – happiness and laughter. So while my resolutions are staying simple and consistent, I’m going to be leveling up my goals instead.
New Years Goals:
- Read only books from my shelves: I love collecting books and having my beautiful library, but it’s time to stop looking ahead and get caught up on my to-read pile. Because it’s terrifying at this point.
- Travel & learn my home-town & city: I still want to travel the world and see more if it this year, but I also want to spend more time in my home city and my current town. Even if it isn’t blog-worthy, it’s high time I started experiencing the excitement of where I am instead of always looking outward.
- Meditate / Lose Weight: Okay.. so these can’t really be leveled up because I should start them before I level up and set individual goals.
- Dress better & become as confident outward as I feel inward: Sometimes I forget what I look like, and when I pass a mirror my confidence evaporates. It’s time to look as confident as I feel and to stop hating the mirror.
- Art more: You can’t level up boss level. Art encompasses writing and painting and drawing and photography, and I want to do more of everything.
After an amazing New Years Eve party with friends and family and a lot of laughter, I’m ready to embrace 2018 and excited to see what I can achieve.
Here’s to hoping 2018 is as productive and cheerful as 2017!