This is embarrassing. I feel like every four months I’m writing another “Hello again!” post with more promises to blog more, socialize more, visit and comment on more blogs… And I mean to do it – it’s not for lack of trying! But it’s hard when you’re all talk and no action, when you’re better at making lists than following through with them. I have dozens of plans – plans to lose weight, plans to exercise more, to travel and explore my home town, to meet more people, to learn new hobbies.. But I never get anywhere with them.
They sit in nice little piles on my desk with pictures and schedules and… dust. Lots of dust. Because cleaning my room is also on that list.
“So what have you been doing these last seven months?” you may be wondering.
Other than working a lot and watching toi much TV, you could say I have been successfully avoiding all things productive regarding my resoltuions from my last post. Basisically, my update on last post’s resoltuions looks something like:
- Read … I have read 21 books this year and I am still 26 books behind schedule. The stress of how far behind I am is palpable and not even remotely palettable (it’s giving me heartburn).
- Travel … successfully and stupendously fabulously great! Complete and well under way.
- Learn another language … still working on my English.
- Meditate … … … … O (u)mmmmmmmm
- Dress better … I have upgraded from $5 walmart pajamas to $20 leggings. And I now own three blazers (also learned what a blazer is – thanks, Pinterest!).
- Lose weight … My leggings and pj’s are lighter than jeans?
- Write more … This I’ve actually been successful on. My journalling has been at an all time high, and in New York I bought the most beautiful leather journal I’ve ever seen. It was cheaper than Canadian journals (no, I’m still not over it – it’s just so perfect!) and was practically begging to come home with me. So even though it hasn’t been published writing, it’s still writing.
- Art more … I’ve drawn three half sketches. And doodles in every meeting. And etched my initials into painted plexiglass in a pool.
- Make friends … hA!
So yes, very productive as far as these are concerned. This year has been busy, successful, insane, and obscenely stressful. Some days it’s hard enough to roll myself back into bed at the end of the day because the never ending to-do list makes me want to pull my hair out, and then when I do get a moment to relax – I sleep. For forever, apparently. And then wake up a week later and start another shift feeling like death yet again.
*ahem* Okay okay, rant over. It’s been busy – you get it.
But I’ve missed being active online. A lot. I miss my friends, the blogging, the community, bookstagram, the creativity, and the unrestricted feeling of absolute freedom to do whatever you wanted. It was amazing spending hours upon hours concersing with interesting and amazing people who had the same sense of humour or shared the same interests, and making friends who knew exactly what you meant when you say, “It just comes out better on paper!” The blogging community, and the various sub-niche communities within other social media platforms, was like my home away from home: my socialization sans social anxiety and awkwardness. And I never though I would miss it as much as I do.. but when you put your heart into something a piece of you stays with it.
So here I am. A month back from New York (actually almost two months now) and I am stating here, yet again, that I will post more. This time, I may even finish a series of posts about a trip and tell you all about it! Feel free to hold me to it – threaten to send a heat wave my way. I’ll write up so many posts I won’t even know where they’d begin or end.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful summer and enjoy the sun more than I do! Feel free to send all your summer storms my way.